This adventure began when a family settled on the banks of the Sorgue to craft wool and silk 200 years ago. Today their traditions of working noble fibres are perpetuated by the Manufacture Brun de Vian-Tiran. The Manufacture team shares their passion for the wool trade in a museum, through a fun and sensory learning experience for visitors.
Avenue de la Libération
Step inside the world of fine fibres and learn about the craft of woolmaking at La Filaventure, with a fascinating and immersive experience lasting 1.5 hours.
- Marvel at the wool animals you will see along your journey
- Explore every Continent in search of exceptional fibres
- Feel the passion for their craft shared by everyone at the Manufacture
- Experience some of the stages involved in transforming fibres into fabrics
- Touch the different materials and feel their qualities – from a skein of wool to a wonderful weave that envelops you in softness
Children aged 6 to 12 can follow a game-based trail guided by Edgar the sheep, for an informative and fun exploration.
At the end of your museum visit, browse the Brun de Vian-Tiran boutique with its home and bedding collections (throws, duvets, blankets) and fashion items (shawls and scarves). It’s a haven of beautiful softness and elegance.
Museum displays are in French and English.
July-August: 10 am to 12:30 pm and 2:30 pm to 7 pm Monday to Saturday
Sunday: from noon to 7 pm
September-June, Tuesday to Saturday: 10 am to 12:30 pm and 2:30 pm to 7 pm
Sunday: 12 noon to 7 pm
Closed on January 1st and 2nd, 2019, from February 11th to March 3rd, on December 25th, 26th, 30th and 31st and on January 1st and 2nd, 2020
Thematic of the place
Musuems and monuments, Vaucluse Provence Pass