The most famous Bridge in the world ! The Saint Bénezet bridge, a major witness of the history of Avignon, is known throughout the world thanks to the famous song. Built from the 12th century, it was washed away several times by the floods of the Rhone, and finally abandoned in the seventeenth century. Classified World Heritage by UNESCO.
Boulevard du Rhône
DO YOU WANT PRACTICAL INFORMATIONS ?
Please click on "services Tab"
VISIT INCLUDED IN THE PASS
Last admission 30 minutes before
-From 1 January to 31 March and from 7 November to 31 December: 10 am to 5 pm
-From 1 April to 30 June and from 1 September to 6 November: 10 am to 6 pm
-From 1 July to 31 August: 10am to 7pm
GOOD TO KNOW
- Our friends the animals are allowed during the visit. They must be kept on a lead.
- The tablet is no longer on sale at the Bridge
- The museum area is no longer accessible
- It is possible to see the film via the audioguide but headphones are not provided: it is recommended to bring your own headphones or earphones.
- Access to the walkway: closed. However, the walkway is still accessible from the Jardin des Doms to the Tour des Chiens
-Duration of the visit: approximately 40 minutes
-The multimedia audio guide is available in 12 languages (Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Korean)
-The multimedia applications can also be downloaded on smart phones or tablets (AppStore / Google Play) on the websites www.palais-des.com / www.grandavignon.fr or at the reception of the Pont d'Avignon via a specific terminal (subject to change).
-The monument has been awarded the Tourism & Handicap label for motor and mental disabilities and has audio guides adapted for the visually impaired. Museography adapted for the hearing impaired.
The Pont d'Avignon is accessible - Lift
Thematic of the place
Avignon City Pass, Musuems and monuments, Vaucluse Provence Pass